The second part of Finding the Answers: Exploring Individual WWII Service. In this program it will be assumed attendees have basic knowledge about World War II research. After briefly touching on the basics of research, attendees will learn the second part of the proven research method, which is taught nowhere else, to reconstruct military history for every branch of the service.
This program takes individual service to a new level and adds unit and contextual information to the story.
In this engaging and informative presentation, Jennifer shares:
- A brief recap on starting research and obtaining the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).
- Exploration of unit level records for all military branches.
- Discussion on how to incorporate this information into a soldier’s story.
- Tips on weaving military, genealogical, and historical records together.
- Using Museums for research.
© 2017 World War II Research and Writing Center