All the records burned!
A fire at the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, in 1973, destroyed approximately 80% of the Army, Air Corps, and National Guard records. This is not the end of the research possibilities for these soldiers. Many alternative record sources exist to reconstruct service history for these branches. Regardless of service branch, many records exist to tell your soldier, sailor, or Marine’s story. Learn how to research World War II records for any branch of the military in this informative program.
In this engaging and informative presentation, Jennifer shares:
- A trip through time, exploring the service history of several men and women.
- Explore resources to search prior to obtaining military records.
- Provide information on obtaining Official Military Personnel Files.
- Show and teach you what military records can be used to reconstruct service history.
- Tips on weaving military, genealogical, and historical records together.
- A brief exploration of the Individual Deceased Personnel File (IDPF).
© 2015 Jennifer Holik