Jennifer Holik is an international researcher, speaker, and author of numerous books, articles, and courses. She holds a BA in History from Missouri University of Science and Technology. Jennifer offers expert World War II, genealogical, and historical research, writing, and speaking services.
Download the new client packet here to help start your research project.
Jennifer offers expert research services and provides clients with detailed and fully cited reports with documents, record analysis, and suggestions for further research. She has the rare expertise to locate, analyze, and interpret World War II records across all branches, reconstruct service history, document where a soldier was throughout service, provide details on combat experience, and when necessary, document the death and burial of a soldier. Connecting the dots and piecing together multiple puzzle pieces of a soldier’s story is Jennifer’s specialty. In addition, she can write and publish a book about your family or soldier. Email for rates. Read Research Testimonials
Speaking and Education
As an international speaker, Jennifer has spoken at genealogy societies, libraries, Rotary groups, corporations, and other venues in the United States and Europe. Her current program topics include beginning genealogy, youth genealogy, World War II, and writing soldier stories. Learn more about her lectures under Appearances on this site.
Would you like to provide a full day of World War II programming? Jennifer is now booking full-day events in which she will present four lectures or three lectures and one hour of Q&A to program attendees. Attendees will be asked to bring their World War II documents, brick walls, and questions for the Q&A part of the program. Email for rates and available program dates.
Jennifer’s passion is writing the stories of families, particularly men and women of World War II. She has published several books and guides on genealogical and World War II topics. You can also find my writing on Ancestry.com’s blog.
Writing services include:
- Writing – articles, blog posts, biographies, books
- Book projects for clients: Photo books, biographies, family histories, military stories
- Project management and coaching
- Review and comments on your book project
- Organization of materials
- Content suggestions
- Research and research plans
- InDesign Layout
- Book review and proofing services
- Self-publishing assistance
Course Writing Services
Jennifer was on the faculty of the National Institute for Genealogical Studies and over the last three years wrote many courses, some not yet available online, which include:
- Business Skills: Creating a Genealogy Business
- Business Skills: Career Development: Choosing a Niche-Part I
- Business Skills: Career Development: Choosing a Niche-Part II
- Creating Genealogy Programs for Adults and the Younger Generation
- Personal Historian: Telling the Stories
- Research: American World War II Ancestors – Part I
- Research: American World War II Ancestors – Part II
- Writing for Genealogy: Articles, Blogs, Research Reports and so much more
Contact Jennifer for information and fees for research, speaking, and writing services.
Jennifer is a member of the following museums, communities, and organizations.
Pritzker Military Museum and Library (Chicago)