This is a collection of state specific resources available, which is a work in progress. This list is by no means complete. Please contact me if you have suggestions on further resources to add. These sites contain a vast number of resources so be sure to spend some time exploring the databases and research guides. The links shown are only, in most cases, one resource out of many available on that specific site.
State Archives, State Libraries, State Historical Societies, and State Genealogical Societies are all good resources for WWII information. Google those repositories plus the state you seek to learn more.
University of Alabama
University of South Alabama
University of Arizona
- Photograph File
Arkansas State University
- Archives and Special Collections
- Aviation Safety and Security Archives – this contains information on WWII aviation. Spend some time here.
San Jose State University
- Hoover Institution WWII
- Oral History Collection
- WWII POW manuscript written in Captivity (digital resource)
University of California, Berkeley
- The Japanese American Evacuation and Resettlement: A Digital Archives
Florida During WWII – Includes Lesson Plans
Florida Humanities Council – Florida Goes To War
Florida State University
University of Hawaii at Manoa
University of Illinois
Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center – Our Military Heritage
Ball State University
- Archives of Historical and Ethnographic Yiddish Memories
- Moving Image Archive – WWII Exhibit Biography
- WWII Propaganda Films and IU
University of Iowa Libraries – Resource Guide to Military and Wartime Service
WWII Bonus Case Files 1947-1954 (Ancestry $)
University of Kansas
- WWII Bomber with Jayhawk Nose Art and pilot Please explore this digital archive for other photos and manuscripts. This is one example only.
Bowling Green University Libraries
Can I help you with your research?
Are you ready to learn the bigger picture of your family member’s military service? Email us at email@example.com to set up your free phone consultation today to discuss project options, fees, and time. You can also sign-up for our free newsletter and receive the Start Writing Your Military Story Today free!
© 2021 World War II Research and Writing Center