The World War II Research and Writing Center is pleased to announce a new educational program, Honoring World War II Service Together. Over the next several months, we will be providing resources to help Americans connect with researchers overseas, and resources to help overseas researchers connect with Americans.
- To provide education and resources for research on World War II soldiers and civilians to researchers.
- To help people discover, write, and preserve the stories of Americans involved in World War II.
- To help American researchers work with European researchers and foundations to preserve the history of our soldiers and civilians.
- To help foundations and researchers in Europe, work with American researchers, museums, and organizations to preserve the history of service men and women who liberated their countries.
- To help organizations develop memorial programs and projects to preserve the history and stories of Americans who took part in the war effort.
Who is Our Audience?
- Families of World War II service men and women and civilian employees.
- European grave adopters.
- World War II researchers, historians, and authors.
- Organizations and groups wishing to create memorial projects.
- WWII Reunion groups.
- WWII tour guides.
How We Will Accomplish Our Goals
The World War II Research and Writing Center will provide resources and education to help researchers through a variety of sources.
- Provide Research and Writing Services (see services)
- Articles on records research across all branches of the military.
- Articles on genealogy research.
- Introduce readers to foundations, organizations, museums, and groups around the world, with the goal of preserving our service men and women’s histories and memories.
- Interviews with researchers and authors.
- Educational videos.
- Facebook Live videos.
- Discussions and Q&A on Social Media.
- Research books and guides.
- Educational courses.
- Live appearances in the U.S. and Europe (see programs available in the U.S. and Europe under Appearances.)
Would you like to learn more?
I am giving two World War II research talks at the Federation of Genealogical Societies conference this week in Springfield, IL. I will be at AncestorStuff’s Table with a limited number of research books for sale, and answering research questions at the conference. Come say hello on:
- Thursday 10:00 – noon and 2:00-5:00
- Friday 9:00 – 11:30
- Saturday 9:00 – 11:30
We hope the resources we provide will help expand your World War II soldier or civilian research so you can preserve their memory.
You can also listen to the Genealogy Guy’s Podcast at 35:35 where they talk about my research books and program.
© 2016 World War II Research and Writing Center
Leave a Reply