Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. CST (17:00 Amsterdam time)
Webinar: Finding the Answers: WWII Research Online
Registration fee $19.95 fee for this webinar. Click to register for the webinar. A replay will be available for three days after the webinar.
One place many people begin research for their World War II service member is online. While most of the records you need to reconstruct service history are not available online, you can find clues and unit or contextual information to add to your soldier’s story. Tools and strategies taught in this course will apply to WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam military research.
In this program, Jennifer will:
- Explain some myths and common questions about online research.
- Explain how to research using the collections on Ancestry.com and Fold3.com.
- Discuss other places you can find information online and how that can lead to offline resources.
- Explain where and how to connect with other researchers or European grave adopters.
- Discuss using social media to locate information.
The tips you learn in this program will help you with any digitized record set.
© 2019 WWII Research & Writing Center