The World War II Research and Writing Center is now booking programs through 2019, including our newest talk, Walking in their Footsteps: Traveling Planning for your WWII Trip to Europe.
Program Description: Are you ready to travel through Europe walking in the footsteps of your family’s service member? Have you done your research to know exactly where he was? If he was wounded or died, do you know where? Do you need help planning a trip and the steps that come before and after?
Over the years I’ve heard a lot of stories from people, and about people, who have traveled to Europe to walk in their family member’s footsteps. Not all stories of travel are successful. Many people do not first do the proper research to ensure the information they have is correct. Then they often waste time and money being in places their soldier wasn’t.
Having traveled in the footsteps of my family’s soldiers, and others for clients, and now also living in the Netherlands, I have a unique perspective on WWII travel. In addition to having a network of people in Europe to which I refer clients ready to travel, I also have a proven, documented research method to ensure you end up where your soldier really served.
In this program you will learn:
- How to ensure your research is accurate before you plan your trip and what steps to take if you still need to verify service.
- Tips on planning your dates, targets, and itinerary.
- Tour company and bus or not?
- Connecting with researchers, tour guides, and historians in Europe.
- What to be aware of as you travel.
- What you can do when you return home.
- Options for putting your research, photos, and travel writing all together.
Contact us for booking information.
© 2017 World War II Research and Writing Center
Leave a Reply