A lot of people are working through the online course Finding the Answers Through WWII Writing and reporting amazing shifts in their research and life. Two comments include,
Finding the Answers Through WWII Writing: Wonderful course! Explores many angles of writing not usually found in most courses. Looking at different perspectives of people involved in the stories and sharing what impact it has on us. Really thought-provoking! – Lisa
Jennifer, thank you for offering this WWII writing course. Until now, I have been reading my father’s unit’s morning reports and unit histories, and methodically writing down details and putting together a timeline. Your course has opened my eyes to more than just the words on the page. I can see my father in the reports. I was a typical daddy’s girl, so needless to say, I loved my father dearly. I thought I knew everything about him. Now I am beginning to understand more about my father, the person, and how the war impacted him and our family. I never thought about it until I started internalizing your questions and revisiting his life and mine. My father died before I started my family genealogy 20 years ago. In the beginning, I just wanted a picture of him in his uniform; no luck with that. That led me to look at his DD214 again, and to start searching his military history. I watched your Roots Tech presentation as it live-streamed and something told me to contact you. This course is a blessing to me. I’m learning so much through your guidance. My story is developing. Thanks again. – Marie
Are you interested in taking your writing further?
I offer one-on-one writing facilitation/coaching. In one hour session blocks we will explore what you are writing, your research, your questions and observations, and looking at the deeper issues that surface.
I have the capacity to help people:
- See where someone is blocked and remove those blocks.
- See things that are written between the lines – either by the client or those who created the documents with which the client is working.
- Help clients define and clear the many threads of story and information in their heads to create a writing project plan.
- Provide editing for a writing project.
- Help clients refine their writing project from concept to draft to finished product.
- Help people prepare a book for self-publishing.
The sessions are great for people who are:
- Exploring their family stories, research, and their lives.
- Need some help removing the blocks that stand in their way.
- Connecting to the energy of what’s possible but are unsure how to get from point A to point B.
- Choose to write articles or blog posts.
- Choose to write and publish a book.
Contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your writing sessions today. I look forward to creating with you!
© 2018 World War II Research and Writing Center