New Quick Guides will be released 28 February for the Kindle and in Paperback. You can now pre-order our Quick Guide on travel.
Disclosure: The link is an affiliate link and I make a small percentage off the sale.
Pre-Order on the Kindle: Finding the Answers: World War II Travel in Europe
Congratulations with taking a first step on a journey to learn more about your World War II soldier’s, sailor’s, airman’s, or Marine’s military service and walk in their footsteps in Europe. World War II travel is done for many reasons. There are people who enjoy seeing the major battle sites and hearing history of the more famous units who helped win the war. Veterans still travel to Europe to walk where they fought, meet old friends and make new ones, and attend commemorative events. There are some who unexpectedly end up at a cemetery or battlefield and take an interest in the war. Finally, there are many who travel to heal their souls and find answers or closure to questions they have had about their father or mother’s service. Whatever your reason for World War II travel, I invite you to be open to anything that shows up on your journey.
This quick guide introduces you to:
- Doing your homework. Helping you learn about your service member’s history prior to travel.
- Trip planning tips.
- Considerations for hiring a travel agent, traveling with a tour group, or traveling on your own.
- Learning about living history in Europe.
- Ways to preserve the details and memories of your trip.
- Ways to contribute to preserving World War II history in Europe.
Are you ready to travel in your soldier’s footsteps in Europe?
© 2018 World War II Research and Writing Center